Thursday, August 28, 2008

Shpongle Inspired Blog Beginnings

This is my first blog entry ever, in any blog. I try to type the way that I think in my head... so I apologize in advanced for the lack of proper grammar and spelling you may experience in this and any other future blog entries...

My original reason for posting on a blog was because i stumbled across the blog of another user on this blog page. The post was 3 years old and it was about a music group called shpongle. I emailed the dude that made the original post and asked how to make a blog... but it is apparently really easy to do because i figured it out within about 2 minutes of emailing him. or her, i never thought it may not be a guy.

So how does shpongle inspire me to write a blog? I dont really know, but here i am listening to shpongle and typing in a blog.

My first Shpongle experience was at a friends house. We were chillin out in the usual circle, and before we began my buddy told me i HAD to check out this music from SHPONGLE. The album that was played for me is called Nothing Lasts... But Nothing Is Lost. right away I was hooked on the otherworldly sounds and samples. Being sober, this music made me high. No need for the circle.

This music was so good that I went online right away to download all of their albums. Each album is amazing in its own way. I would advise buying them all at once and then just letting the albums wrap around your body over the next few weeks. Shponlge has actually become an addiction for me. While i was downloading the albums, i did some research on who these musical masterminds were. To my surprise I found that Shpongle is just two dudes!!! Only 2 people!! I cant believe all of that music comes from just two minds. The songs sound as though there are a dozen people when they are on stage.

If you do get inspired to listen to shpongle or if you already do and cant find anything else worth listening to because of how amazing shpongle is, then here is a list to get you started.

First off, Simon Posford and Raja Ram are the two dude that make shpongle happen... Posford has many other names in the world of trance music and i love everything he has ever come into helping create. The first few in the list are Posford-related... some of the others arent.

Shpongle
Younger Brother
Hallucinogen
Ott

Infected Mushroom
Astral Projection
Alienated Buddha

Basically anything called PsyTrance will rock your world.

Cheers!

No comments: